Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thank You cards

Have I mentioned yet how much I love my Cricut? It's the biggest single investment I've made in my paper crafting hobby, and it has been worth every penny. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I love how it gives me precise, repeatable cuts. (I always rely on it to help me mass produce a card, like at Christmas.) I'm a little embarassed to admit this, but I found two (gasp!) unopened Cricut cartridges as I was shopping in my own "store" on Sunday.

This card started out with a happy accident. I was trying the "New Arrival" cartridge for the first time and wasn't sure what size I wanted to cut the "thank you." I used a piece of deep purple, textured cardstock from my paper scraps assortment and, voila, it was the perfect size. I knew I wanted to punch up the color; so I used lime green American Crafts ribbon and layered plastic flowers by Queen & Co.

Although these cardstock squares could easily have been made with the Cricut, I used "sticky swatches" by The Scrapbook Wizards in shades of green. The sentiment is an epoxy sticker from Creative Imaginations.

Basic Grey's "Jack Frost" cardstock is the basis for this card. The light teal cardstock is by Bazzill, and the sentiment is an American Crafts rub-on. The silver accents are Stampendous stickers. I picked them up on a business trip to England many years ago. This was  before scrapbook stores became ubiquitous. Like any self-respecting paper freak, I researched the area and found a rubber stamp store. A few Tube stops later, I was spending my free Saturday afternoon in paper crafting heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Pauline! Welcome to blogging! I signed up as a follower. It's so good to be able to see your creations. So many of us scattered in so many directions after the board changed over and swapping seem to come to a halt. I have been blogging for over a year now and absolutely love it. I love doing the challenges...they are addicting! Love what you have posted so far and I will be checking back to see what your creating. Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooohooooo!!!! look at you go Pauline!!!! the blog is FAB, and your cards are amazzzzzing!!!! fabulous job girl!! wishing you many more happy posts in blogland ;)
    (((hugs)))
    ~rae

    ReplyDelete