Monday, February 1, 2010

All Occasion cards

My favorite cards to make are the "just because" cards that you can use for any occasion. They're great to have on hand if you need a quick thank you, birthday, get well or thinking of you card. Here are a few I made recently.

The patterned cardstock is Making Memories Cosmopolitan collection, the flower is by Me & My Big Ideas (Soft Spoken line) and the chocolate brown satin ribbon is from my stash. I love the blue, brown and cream color combination. The patterned cardstock was definitely the inspiration for this one. I reach for this collection again and again.


To this cream linen card base, I added a strip of pink cardstock by Flavia (Peaches and Pomegranates collection). The squares are color-blocking "sticky swatches" from the Scrapbook Wizard. The polka-dotted Prima flower sits atop a larger one by Build-a-Blossom. Of course, a little bling in the middle doesn't hurt a bit.

This simple card is a variation of my go-to style ... pattern + solid + ribbon or cardstock strip separating the two. My crafting goal this year is to spend more time outside my box. First, of course, I'll show you a few I've already made that are definitely inside my comfort zone. The fun "hot lips" cardstock is by DCWV. Their Rockstar mat stacks incorporate foil; so, I used glossy pink and black cardstock to keep the look consistent. This card speaks to my inner rocker chick.

 The male version of the "hot lips" card ... we'll call this one "guitar dude." Of course, it's really gender neutral. But, I have enough trouble designing cards for teenage boys. So, this one's for the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment